Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: New dynoplot with the Thermal

  1. #11
    Inactive Member dedrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    I appologize for my ignorance but how much boost you running

    derik

    ------------------
    95 Civic Coupe b18c5
    JRSC

    Import Specialty Automotive (253) 473-2606

  2. #12
    Inactive Member austrian type-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    604
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    He has the Endyn stepper pulley. Reads 8-9psi on his boost gauge. Yep, stock internals and stock compression of 10.6! It is possible with kick-ass tuning

    ------------------
    Supercharged ITR?98 @ 5.5psi
    BTC unit, Apexi VAFC, K&N short ram intake, skunk2 cam gears, Kamikaze 2.5", ceramic header, Thermal 3" exhaust, RC 310 injectors, Cartech FMU, AEM FPR
    13.775 seconds 0-402 meters (1/4 mile)
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
    http://community.webshots.com/user/austriantyper check out my ride!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member dedrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    with the pulley I have my blower should read about 9.5 and tuning isn't a problem but I realy don't want to blow up another motor. I'm thinking it would be best to upgrading the jackson boost dependent fuel pressure riser which one is the best to use.

    ------------------
    95 Civic Coupe b18c5
    JRSC

    Import Specialty Automotive (253) 473-2606

    [This message has been edited by dedrick (edited November 16, 2001).]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member austrian type-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    604
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cartech FMU. Ask JRcivic on this board. He sells them.

    ------------------
    Supercharged ITR?98 @ 5.5psi
    BTC unit, Apexi VAFC, K&N short ram intake, skunk2 cam gears, Kamikaze 2.5", ceramic header, Thermal 3" exhaust, RC 310 injectors, Cartech FMU, AEM FPR
    13.775 seconds 0-402 meters (1/4 mile)
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
    http://community.webshots.com/user/austriantyper check out my ride!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member BlownSOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Mike, truly amazing, considering the popular thought around here was that the R was just never meant to be SC'd. On many occasions it was said that the GSR was a better platform to SC (including myself!)I know you have spent a ton of $ and time on the dyno, I am really happy it paid off. This post has and will open the eyes of many people, not to mention you have put down the highest amount of dynoed HP I have seen for any amount of JRSC'd boost on an internally stock 1.8! Once again, GREAT JOB! biggrin

    Now please just tell us you didnt zing your motor to well over 9000 rpm!!!

    AL


    [This message has been edited by BlownSOL (edited November 16, 2001).]

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your HP numbers are getting really amazing... keep up the good work Mike. Dyno numbers like yours keep us all thinking that there is hope.

    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  7. #17
    Inactive Member austrian type-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    604
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW, now that is some power!!!!

    ------------------
    Supercharged ITR?98 @ 5.5psi
    BTC unit, Apexi VAFC, K&N short ram intake, skunk2 cam gears, Kamikaze 2.5", ceramic header, Thermal 3" exhaust, RC 310 injectors, Cartech FMU, AEM FPR
    13.775 seconds 0-402 meters (1/4 mile)
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
    http://community.webshots.com/user/austriantyper check out my ride!

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually I have the CRV crank pulley on my car with the stock blower pulley. The blower pulley's on the type R's are lager theirfor I only read like 9psi total. And yeah I'm running a Kamakaze header, 2.5" testpipe that flairs out to a 3", then the Thermal 3" B-pipe (just pipe and nothing else), to my thermal 3" muffler with the stealth inside. Yeah its loud, but I don't drive this car a lot and its semi-ok because I just cruse around town now that I have this power. No need to rev it up a lot.
    But yeah to also answer your question, yeah on the dyno I took the car to 9000rpms. Indicated inside the car is 9500rpms, but as we all know the tach is normall off when you rev it that high. Also on the track when I drag, I rev the car to 10,000rpms indicated inside the car, which is 9500rpms in the engine. And yeah the engine takes it. Infact when I was dragging and hitting 12.9, the last two runs I couldn't hook up and I pinged the "rev limiter" in 1st and 2nd gear which was probally 9500rpms also. smile ahahaha
    And people said it couldn't be done. As with they said a full integra body running N/A couldn't hit low 11's, we'll we proved that wrong also! ahahahaha

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged w/255whp & 166trq
    Member of the 12sec club!
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/
    For for the best dynotuning check out:
    http://www.dynospotracing.com

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Vonte''s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Those are really good numbers for a supercharger eek

    ------------------
    '00 ITR #1391 JE 9:0:1 Pistons, Eagle Rods, STR Blockguard, ARP Head Studs, Revhard Stage II
    T3/T4OE turbo, Spearo Intercooler, Greddy Type S BOV, ACT Heavy Duty Psi/w Street Disc, Thermal 3" Exhaust, MSD 6al ignition, MSD Inline Fuel Pump

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Vonte''s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Man those are some really good numbers man eek

    ------------------
    '00 ITR #1391 JE 9:0:1 Pistons, Eagle Rods, STR Blockguard, ARP Head Studs, Revhard Stage II
    T3/T4OE turbo, Spearo Intercooler, Greddy Type S BOV, ACT Heavy Duty Psi/w Street Disc, Thermal 3" Exhaust, MSD 6al ignition, MSD Inline Fuel Pump

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •